Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Thursday, March 28, 2013

TMI: Mucus Plug/Contractions

I wasn't real sure if what I was having was the loss of my mucus plug.

It started this last weekend (4-5 days ago).
I thought just maybe hormonal change at this point in pregnancy?

So I did some research today, and sounds like it is indeed me loosing my mucus plug.

I remember loosing it with Alyssa and she was born about a week later.
So could this weekend end up being "the time?"

Well all signs are pointing to - anytime.

No blood yet, but I don't remember having that with Alyssa before going to the hospital.
If I'm 2.5 cm dilated then there is plenty of room for the mucus plug to be coming out.  Plus 100% effaced already...

I feel like I already have a good head start at this point for when labor does start.

I feel like a giant whale.  Even though everyone says how little I am (only gained 16 lbs. this pregnancy), it is a lot for me - I'm a small person as it is.  So 16 lbs of all baby out in the front is taking it's toll.  Plus the baby, at over a week and a half ago was already 7 lbz. 4oz. - I just have a feeling my body is going to easily reject this baby at a point where it says ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.  So yes, I do believe it could be anytime.

Contractions are erratic.
They are definitely not enjoyable or easy going anymore.  Some do hurt.  Even a few in a row will hurt.  However, none of these contractions are hanging on for too long.  

I was up for over two hours the night before last with contractions, but then finally passed out from exhaustion, and they stopped. 

I've been in bed a lot the last 2 days before I'm sick (cold w/ fever, blah).  So I really think if I were up moving around I could easily get this party started just with everyday activity.

But only the heavens know when Carter is ready.  I just can't wait to meet him - THAT IS AFTER OUR HOUSE GETS OVER THE YUCKY COLD JUNK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment