Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Thursday, March 7, 2013

Surprises in the Mail!

The last two days I've gotten great surprises in our mailbox!

Enfamil came Tuesday
Similac came Wednesday

Even though I plan to breastfeed, it's always nice to have these options on hand just in case.

Then I was talking to hubby yesterday and thinking it would probably be a good idea to request some of the formula bottles from the hospital to take home with us too.

I understand that it's not good to formula feed and breastfeed both in the beginning because you don't want nipple confusion.  However, I remember Alyssa was a horrible cluster feeder at night the first couple of weeks too.  I think that had a lot to do with me cutting our go at breastfeeding short (at 6 weeks).

I was lucky to not have any trouble producing and she had no latch problems, but it was very exhausting and I just didn't have the will in myself to keep going.

So in the end she was formula fed starting at 6 weeks on anyway.  I feel like if  have formula bottles/powder on hand, I can at least have that in the back of my mind if I need a single feeding break.  Or if things aren't going well for whatever reason.  I don't see any reason to supplement if necessary.

I'll be going with the flow as they say, when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment