Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Monday, March 18, 2013

Pinterest Project Weekend

 I've been nesting in a decorating kind of way, not so much the cleaning/organizing kind of way.

There are so many projects I've put off and things I've wanted to do to our house that I always "don't have time for."  Now that I'm about 3 weeks away from my due date, I know it's now or never...  or at least not for a very long time.

So I went through my Pinterst Pins and found a few projects that I'd been wanting to try and made it a Pinterst Project Weekend.

Dollar Tree silver trays spray painted with chalkboard paint and simple words written on them.  I hope to change the words out with the different holidays/seasons.
This is at the top of our stairs.  It's a wall I'd always wanted to add something to but wasn't sure what.
$5 for this project ($1/tray - $2 for white satin ribbon from Walmart)
Here was my inspiration: 
http://pinterest.com/pin/101049585361583495/

Accessorized our kitchen sink window.
Everything I already had - the vases are from Valentine's Day (they say "I" "<3" and the 3rd I didn't use "U").  I added ribbon to cover up the decoration.
$0 for this project


The kitchen sink with the handmade curtain I sewed last week and the new accessories


I made a pedestal for soap by the kitchen sink.
AKA: Glass candle stick and candle tray spray painted black, glued together and ribbon around the edge.
$2.00 for this project
 Here was my inspiration:
http://pinterest.com/pin/101049585361604145/

I'm a list maker.  I'll make a list on anything.  I am also really great about leaving my list at home, in the car, loosing it, etc. and then not having my list when I need it.
This is just more for decor then for use, but like I said, I will make a list on anyway...
It's just another Dollar Store silver tray - spray painted with chalkboard paint.  I used my Silhouette to cut out the lettering and used a glue dot to put the bow on.  I also used a photo stand I already had.
$1.00 for this project
Here was my inspiration:
http://pinterest.com/pin/101049585361604165/


This art was the very first thing I hung on the wall when we moved into our house (nearly 2 years ago), and always wanted to add something to the sides to anchor it.  I just never knew what.  Till I came across a cute Pinterst project with mismatched china plates/bowls.
This is my version - all 4 bowls are from the Dollar Tree, hangers on the back of them are also from the Dollar Tree and I bought a picture hanging kit from the Dollar Tree.
I like how it turned out!
$6 for this project ($1/plate + Hangers + Pic. kit)
Here's my inspiration:
http://pinterest.com/pin/101049585361583738/


I needed something new for the console table.  I had these candle sticks already, but they were black, so I painted them white.
The runner/place mat I also made from things around the house - the paper is wrapping paper from the dollar Target bins that I cut down and put clear contact paper over.
Simple and FREE


We brought up our old coffee table from the basement.  We really want to paint it - but it's not going to happen anytime soon.
However, I did buy 2 house plants to bring some life into the house (winter is killing us!!)
One house plant is above - the other is in the kitchen by that "Keep Calm and Make A List" sign.
They were $2.98 each at Home Depot.

GRAND TOTAL:
$19.96

Less then $20!!  And now my home feels so much more warm.  It's amazing how a few accessories can really make a house a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment