Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Tuesday, March 5, 2013

34 Week Dr. Appointment

Ughhhh...

I went from a good appointment last week to a scary one this week.  Can't catch a break.

First, no weight gain... great.
Currently still at 132 lbs.
Blood pressure was low: 100/63 (usual for me)

A student doctor came in to do a run through first.  Alone.
I didn't really have any new issues so the 1st half was no big deal.  Then she went to measure me - that's the part I'm always worried about.  I've been measuring small in the past and now with no weight gain, I was really hoping for good news.

She tells me 29cm.

Ummm... I say - that's not good at all!  She said, well you're 34 weeks, and it's ok to be 2-3cm plus or minus either way.  I say - That's 5-6cm!!
She measures again - this time 31-32cm.
Better, but still 2-3cm small and no change from my last appointment.

The actual doctor comes in finally.

She measures me right away.  She also says 31-32cm.
Because there was no change and no weight gain they have ordered an ultrasound for my next appointment.  Thanks goodness!  I have a feeling everything is fine, but I need to have that piece of mind right now, that he is growing like he should be.

I'm honestly tired of hearing the excuse "Well you are pretty small anyway."  That's not a good excuse for me anymore.  My body shouldn't MAKE room if he is growing like he's supposed to.

Next Appointment: March 19th
Ultrasound is at 7:30am (YIKES!)
Doctor visit: 8.45am

No comments:

Post a Comment