Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Thursday, March 14, 2013

Decorating Type Nesting

We got our new dining room table yesterday!!!
We opted out of having it delivered and set up to save a little... but 3 hours to put a table together, was a little ridiculous.  OH WELL, it's here and together, and perfect! 

It's just what we wanted.  Let me tell you, furniture shopping is not easy.

Alyssa had the first "meal" at it this afternoon, a bowl of cereal for after school snack.

Now that we have new table, I'm in full on redecorate mode.
But I also don't want to spend a ton of money either.  So here's what I've done so far.


First started with a snack while I brought out the sewing machine! :)

 I sewed up a new curtain for above the kitchen sink.
I may get a new curtain rod, but for now - it's up there!

I had extra fabric, and the sewing machine was still out, so I sewed a little pillow for the recliner in my nursing  station.  I think I'll get a larger pillow for behind it, it looks a little small...

And I added the same fabric to our entry way bench.

Being that this part of the house is an open floor plan (entry/living room/dining room/kitchen) the fabric helps pull the space all together.

Then I finished off our Easter "mantel."  I say it that way, because it's the top of our entertainment center, not a fireplace.  But I pretend it is like a mantel.

Baby bow is due AFTER Easter (early Easter this year March 31, 2013), so I'll have to adjust this as soon as Easter is over so it can be left up for quite awhile.  I know I won't be messing with it this summer with baby boy keeping me on my toes.

So besides the dining room table, I haven't spent a dime on the adjustments.  I had the fabric on hand, and all the other decor.  I'm hoping, if I do buy a new curtain rod, that it is less then $10.  That will be a Walmart or Dollar General purchase!


No comments:

Post a Comment