Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Monday, November 12, 2012

What We've Bought New for Baby

I read just yesterday, a comment that you should buy one thing, per week for baby - even when you are TTCing.... well I did that, well before we were TTCing.  Which was good since it only took 1 month of TTCing that wouldn't have given us a whole lot of time to do this.

So I couponed and bargain hunted for a lot of things while we had the money and a little here and there.  Lucky for us, it has added up and turned into a nice little stash for baby.

Here's a rundown of what we have so far
(All things gender neutral)
I found this stroller - The First Years Indigo Stroller
on a One Sale A Day Site.
We had the traditional travel system with Alyssa.  A heavy duty stroller/carseat combo.  It was big and heavy and hard to get in and out of the trunk of the car.  But it was a great stroller.  When I saw this stroller I fell in love!  It was smaller and lighter.  I loved that the seat turned from forward facing to rear facing.  The seat also tilts so it can be more of a bassinet style too.
Avg Price: $135  I paid: $80

The stroller came with an infant seat adapter, so it can be used with any infant seat - but it was kind of a pain.  If you bought the coordinating brand's infant seat you didn't need the adapter and it would work with the stroller.

So... we bought this infant seat:



 This infant seat is the Lamaze Via Infant Seat
Again - gender neutral.  It's not super cute, but it is super safe.
Again - GOT IT ON SALE
Reg: $150  Paid $120


Here's a cute photo of a baby in her indigo stroller - I also have a diaper bag that hangs off the back of the stroller like the one in the photo, which saves up space for the basket underneath.  And the under basket is pretty good sized.


What I didn't like about this stroller - no cup holder for the baby in the front (when they get older)
So I bought this (with a 20% off coupon)
It holds a snack and a cup/bottle and will attach to the bumper bar in the front of the stroller.


While I was at it - I bought myself this...
A Cell phone holder that attaches to the handle of the stroller.
Again - used a 20% off coupon 


I loved the Avent bottle I got for free from Babies R Us at one point with our daughter.  It was the only one we ever had but I used it A LOT and washed it a lot for that matter.  I knew, this time around I wanted only Avent bottles.  Hope the baby likes them.  (Even though the plan is to breastfeed most of the time, there will be pumping going on when I'm working so we will need these at some point).
I got them all using coupons while there were sales going on as well.
I have 5 - 9 oz bottles and 6- 4 oz.


Diaper Champ Diaper Pail
Another item we used with Alyssa and liked.  It doesn't use expensive cartridges, just regular trash bags.
I got this on sale at Babies R Us - they must have been getting rid of them on the shelves because it was a pretty good deal/savings. 
Reg: $35  Paid: $20-$25


Exersaucer
This one was at Babies R Us clearance during their - take an additional 50% off clearance event.
Reg: $60.00  Paid: $20-$25


The First Years Bassinet
I do and don't like this bassinet.
 I bought it from Burlington Coat Factory with a 20% off coupon (plus it was the cheapest I could find at this store compared to all the other department stores, so a good deal there too with the coupon)
Reg: $100  Paid $80 w/coupon 
(Reg at other stores was around $120)
I do like: that the top basket comes off so i can carry it around if I need to
I don't like: that it said "bedside sleeper" and it's not.  It's a bassinet.
Alyssa's bassinet had a side bar that came down and attached to the side of the mattress.  This one does attach to the mattress, but there is no bar that comes down.
I haven't been able to find another bassinet like the one we had for Alyssa I'VE LOOK EVERYWHERE!

Activity Gym
I got this on Target.com from one of their One Sale A Day deals
Reg: $59.95 - I think I paid $30 w/ free shipping

Eddie Bauer Travel Bed
Clearance section at Target
Reg: $35ish  Paid: $7.00

Fisher Price Bath Tub
Another GREAT find in the Target Clearance
Reg: $30  Paid $8 

FAO Schwarz Bottle Sterilizer
Another Babies R Us clearance find
Reg: $40     Paid: UNDER $10!!!
**And my Avent bottle DO fit!


That's about all I can think of right now.  I have other small things such as:
gender neutral pacifiers, baby brush, bottle brush, baby tooth care kit, travel wet bag, other random bottles, baby food making stuff, a foam baby bath mat, and more - but not worth adding a photo for.

I am SO GLAD we did our shopping for this type of stuff early and before we were pregnant.  I was able to shop around and bargain shop.  Once I got pregnant I was so sick and didn't get out of the house much.  Now it is holiday season and I'm super busy with work and the general hustle and bustle of the season.  By the time this is all over I'll be a giant pregnant woman and probably won't be in the mood to shop a whole lot either.  I feel much more prepared at  the moment, even though I haven't really done any baby shopping lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment