Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Tuesday, November 20, 2012

IT'S A BOY!

Alyssa joined us today for our BIG ultrasound!
 She was very very excited!  So was Mommy!

 
So here's the story:
Our tech was WONDERFUL.  She was very kind and friendly. She spoke a lot to Alyssa and kept her involved.  Everything was explained, in detail to us, and she did a very thorough job.  We really had a great experience. 
 
She told us she would start at the head and make her way down.
I knew right away, when the photo below popped up on the screen, what that meant :)
It's A BOY
 
Alyssa's reaction was priceless!  LoL!  She wanted a sister very badly.  The tech said "I think she is going to be very dissapointed."  Then asked us if we knew what the arrow was pointing to was.  And we sure did. "You are going to have a baby brother!" she said.  Alyssa made the saddest faces ever, frown and everything, lol!  Then crossed her arms, and dug her head into daddy's arm.  It was too funny!
 
That was the last of her negativity though and she has since changed her mind, saying how she will now be able to "pick on him."  How she'll be the only "sister."  And is glad to know she won't be sharing toys with her baby brother.  She has said multiple times today "I'm SO GLAD I know if it's going to be a boy or a girl now!!"  And I think me and her daddy feel the same way.
 

So meet Baby BOY "C"
Now the hunt for a name is on.
To update on the baby:
HE is very healthy!  They noticed no markers that would suggest down syndrome.  The heart looks wonderful and he was very active giving the tech "pretty pictures" of everything she needed to get photos of.
 
What am I worried about:
#1) Baby is already in the 70% for it's age.  Weighing 12 oz. and running about 6 days ahead of schedule for growth.  This either means I'm going to have a big baby or my body will call it quits early before the baby out grows his home.
 
#2) Placenta Previa.  The tech did say that the placenta is attached at a point right now that is partially covering my cervix.  She doesn't seem worried about, being that as my uterus grows the placenta should move out of the way.  If for some odd reason it doesn't... that would mean a C-Section.  Something I do NOT want.
 
All in all, my appt went well with the ultrasound and the dr. visit.
My current weight: 124 lbs.
 
Next visit is set for January 8th, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment