Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Name Game

Boy boy boy...
What do we name our baby boy?

Right now, it's looking like he will be:
Carter Lee

We didn't have a long list of boy names.  And Steve really didn't want to look at names at all till we knew boy or girl.  That would "cut our list in half and make it easier" he would say.

But I still kept a short list of names I'd hear or came across that stuck with me.

Carter was one I had talked with him about.

We had finally made it into the patient room for my dr. appt after the ultrasound when he said - I think we should name him Carter.  Alyssa agreed.  Carter was at the top of my boy name list at that point, and so of course I said I liked it, but wanted to sleep on it.

Middle name was the issue.  We wanted to name his after someone, but names weren't flowing so easily with Carter and our last name.  From work the next day I get a text from Steve - "How about Carter LEE."  A name I actually really liked too and seemed to flow really well.

But the name, the entire name, doesn't have a mean - what so ever.

Steve says he'd rather not name the baby after anyone.  Alyssa is not named after anyone, why start with this baby?

So after a few nights of sleeping on this name, it just seems to stick.

At the gender reveal, Steve blertted out "We want to name him Carter."  And as we were about to leave my grandma said "you take care of Carter."  Hearing the name, coming from someone else's mouth, just kind of struck me.  Kind of like - hey that name may be sticking about and you may be hearing it a lot more often soon.  That person isn't here yet, but it is a reality, that at some point he will be.  A real person, another addition to our family.

So unless something major comes up - Carter Lee it is <3        

No comments:

Post a Comment