Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Saturday, November 10, 2012

End of the Week Grocery Shopping

This week was my trial run at getting back into couponing.  And I must say it was a success.

It reminded me why I use to do it, and seeing the savings vs. shopping at Walmart for everything at regular price is really a big difference.

Yesterday I hit the 48 hour sale at a local grocery store.
I ONLY GOT WHAT WAS ON SALE or was an item in their Penny Pincher coupon book.
I snagged:
2 bottles of laundry detergent
2 bags of frozen tortellini
2 jars of Ragu
1 bag of Oyster Crackers (LOVE SOUP)
6 cans of veggies
2 packs of bacon
5 packages of cream cheese ($.79 ea!!!  SAVED: $1.20 ea!)
2 bags of shredded cheese
All this for only $23.00!

I also hit Aldi today while we were out for fruits and veggies.
I grabbed a 3 cans of cream of chicken for some crock pot recipes
3 cans of tomato and chicken noodle soup (always good to have on hand)
Celery
Red Potatoes
Bananas
Pineapple
Pears
I paid $11.00 for this grocery trip

So all in all, with my Schnucks coupon trip earlier this week, I paid $44 on groceries!
Plus I also got laundry soap, dish soap, and toilet paper as well!

All those people out there that say all you get is "JUNK" when you are couponing, that is NOT the case at all.  I got fresh fruit and veggies, cheeses, and staple canned goods.

It does take extra time to scope out the deals, clip the coupons, and plan when you'll be able to go out because wasting gas to make multiple trips defeats the purpose.  But if you can plan it out and make it work with your current schedule, it is a HUGE money saving thing to do.

I'm going to keep track of my grocery spending over the next month and share my total grocery spending for one month.  With Thanksgiving coming up, this may be a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment