Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sibling Class

 I thought a sibling class would be a good idea for Alyssa to attend.  Little did I know, I would be attending a sibling class of my own.

Here is Alyssa as we arrived at the hospital for the class...


Waiting for the class to start.  She got a name tag that said BIG SISTER and bubbles to play with as the other children arrived.  We also read a book called "I'm going to be a BIG SISTER!" as we waited. 

While she was in her class the parents went to the next room to have a class of our own.  Bascially - how to transition our kids into the role of being a big sister/brother.  Also they brought up a lot of great things to think about when planning for the baby's arrival.  Ex:
Where will the sibling be during the delivery
Bringing things to the hospital for them such as snack/activities
When is the best time to allow the child into the room after the baby is born
And other issues I hadn't thought about before - so it was actually a great class for me to sit through

After both of our classes were over we all got to meet up again for fruit/scones/juices/coffee, while the children told us about what they had learned.
Alyssa told me she learned how to change a diaper, that she can help out mom and dad by getting burp clothes, wipes etc.  They were given a tour of a hospital room so they know what to expect when they come to the hospital to meet baby brother, as well as the nursery.  They said there was a baby boy in there that was just born that day.
She was excited to receive her BIG SISTER certificate and a I'm a big sister backpack full of goodies for all her hard work.

I am SO GLAD we both did this class.  I wish Steve was there to listen in with me, but they did give me papers with a review of what was covered in the class so we can go through it together.  I think it has made Alyssa very excited about everything and has made me feel a little more prepared on how to handle her on top of a new baby.

With Alyssa, obviously I didn't have all these other worries, she was our first and our one and only to worry about.  Lucky for us she will still be in school for a few weeks after the baby is born so the transition for her won't be so bad.  Her routine will still be in tact and brother will get one on one attention during the morning and afternoon before she gets home from school.  It is nice that she is older and understands, instead of being 2 or 3 like a lot of the other kids that were in her class.  They will have a little more adjusting to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment