Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Monday, January 14, 2013

3 Hour Glucose Test

After my initial 1 hour glucose test last week, my levels came back a little high.  Just a tad higher then the cut off.  However, my blood was drawn just a little early due to me having those contractions and their rushing to get me over to the hospital.

It makes me wonder if they still would have been that high had they waited a few more minutes to do the blood draw.

So today I had to go in for the 3 hour test.

After a finger prick - they said my levels were at 70 and that they weren't too concerned about the test going over okay for me.  But they still had to do the 3 hour test.

So they drew blood, made me drink a more concentrated sugar drink, then drew blood 3 more times for three consecutive hours.

We mainly just walked around the building, potty breaks, thank goodness for cell phones.  None the less it was exhausting.

We got there at 8:15am and left at Noon.
After 5 needle pokes, I was so glad to be done.

After fasting for well over 12 hours, I really wasn't super hungry surprisingly.  More sick feeling from not eating mixed with water and that sugar drink.  Not the best combo.

But we stopped on our way home and got McD's.  I was surprised I put a good dent in my meal, it was nice to just chew food again.

At 4pm I got a call from the Dr....

NORMAL LAB RESULTS

Thank goodness.  One less thing I'll have to worry about for these last 3 months.

Next doctor's appointment is January 22nd. (1 week from tomorrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment