Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happy Birthday To ME!

So I want to bring up a couple of subjects within this one post.

First being, I am now 28 years old (today).  I KNOW - it's almost like a young and old age.
"Oh she's so young to have two kids"
and I say to myself "WOW, I turned 18 TEN YEARS ago."

My close friends are newly married, babies really not on their mind at the moment.
I, however, have been married for 8 years, have a 6 year old, and a baby on the way.
Mind you, these close friends I speak of, all graduated with me (same age).
I have always been the mature responsible type.  Not one to get myself into trouble or "let loose."  I like control and stability.  I am living the life I'd always wanted growing up.  A life that started young, not wanting to wait till after college and my career came along.

All in all I am a very content and happy person.  I'm very proud of our life and family, even if it isn't always the easiest.  We are for the most part happy, healthy, and in a good routine.

And that brings me to my next point.  I would be lying if I didn't say I was a little concerned about how this new addition was going to change the dynamic of our lives.  It's always the thought of the unknown that scares me.  That loss of control.  The what ifs...

This baby is exciting and scary all at the same time.
So for now - I'm focusing on the positives.  The moment we find out if this little one is a boy or a girl, seeing his/her face for the first time, breastfeeding (even though that's not always a picnic), snuggling, tiny baby clothes, and so on.
I think the rest will just have to be dealt with just as we deal with all the other ups and downs we have around here... one thing at a time.

I can't believe next year, on my 29th birthday, I'll have a 6 month old and a 7 year old.  So crazy - but can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment