Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Doctor's Appt & ULTRA SOUND!

We had our 2nd doctor's appointment today.  We waited 45 min in the waiting room today instead of an hour and 45 minutes, which was still looong but much better then waiting for almost 2 hours.

I saw a nurse practitioner, Amanda.  She was very nice and helpful.  She said my blood work came back great.  Urine checked our fine.  Just reminded me about my O- blood type, which I knew about.  She did prescribe me some meds for morning sickness.  Not because I need it, but JUST IN CASE I would need it then I'd have it.  

I did ask about which hospital I could deliver at.  I went to St. Mary's SSM with Alyssa, and this is a St. Mary's clinic so St. Mary's is the logical choice.  However, they have opened a new SSM hospital that is closer to me.  She explained that it would be nice if I delivered at St. Mary's because they are taking care of me there; however, being that the other hospital is on the same server for hospital records - they could pull up my info and delivering there would be fine.  They would just inform the clinic after the fact, that the baby was delivered with them.  So I think that is what I'll do - I'll deliver at the other SSM hospital instead.  Maybe I'll do a post on that hospital another time.

And then she noticed I had missed my last scheduled ultrasound (due to the flu).  She seemed concerned and wanted to see what was going on with the baby and "squeezed" us in for an ultrasound TODAY.

We were surprised to say the least.

I knew we were just far enough along that could possibly find out the GENDER!!!

After another hour and a half long wait we made it into the ultrasound room.

Long story short - we do NOT know the gender.  Little baby kept it's legs tightly closed the whole time and the umbilical cord was right between the legs.

The best news of the whole entire day - we have a HEALTHY baby :)
Even better news - there is only ONE baby, haha!

So meet Baby "C"

 Profile

Profile with chest and spine
 Little baby had it's hand up by it's face a lot
Head to the right covering it's face with both hands

 Look at those cute lips and that sweet nose

 Hello scary baby! Ha!  Face shot

 Sweet little hand by its face

So all in all it was a long day.  4 hours at the doctor's office.  But it was also the best day being able to finally see our BABY and it looks like a BABY now <3  He or She will make it's self known in ONE MONTH.  2 Days before Thanksgiving we get to go back and have another scan done.  We plan to bring our daughter along with us for that one so she can find out the gender right along with us.  Very exciting.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment