Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Friday, April 12, 2013

Rough Nights

FINALLY last night, I actually slept.  I got up ONE time to use the restroom.  I woke up multiple times to roll over, but not long enough to ruffle my sleep too much.  When you are in your 3rd trimester, you just get used to the constant sleep interruptions, but last night wasn't too bad considering.

The night before last though... a whole different story.

I woke up at 2am with contractions.  Couldn't lay there any longer and got up at 2:30am.  I tried walking the contractions off till 3am, and it just wasn't happening.

I started timing the contractions at that point, from 3am-4am.  They were 6 min. apart.

I finally was able to fall asleep on the couch at about 4:30am and woke up to get Alyssa ready for school at 7am.  Contractions at that point weren't what they had been overnight.  However, I was a mess that whole morning.  A MESS.  Like non-functioning.  I'm not sure if it was the loss of sleep, emotions/hormones, or just disappointment yet again.  But I finally went and took a nap at 10am.  I woke up at noon and still had a hard time getting myself out of bed at that point.  But I needed to eat lunch.

I got into the shower at 2pm so I could go up to get Alyssa from school. I think the shower is what helped me to snap out of it.  Once I had Alyssa home and we got into doing her homework and all that, I was feeling much better.  She helped to keep my mind off things and just makes me happy in general.

The rest of the day was good.  We had a hurried family dinner before Alyssa had Girl Scouts.
Steve and I went to do some walking at a store and then enjoyed ice cream together at McDonald's while we waited for her to get out of her meeting.

I almost took Tylenol PM last night so we wouldn't have a repeat sleepless night like the one before... but thought - what if contractions actually start and continue?  I don't want to be a big mess trying to get to the hospital and all that.  Lucky for me, I slept fine without any medicine.

So today - IS MY DUE DATE.  I can't help but wonder if this is the calm before the storm?

No comments:

Post a Comment