Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Postpartum: Week 1

I was lucky... I guess you could say
Even though Carter was born with a 14" head measurement, I only had to have 1 stitch after delivery.  And they said it was a "precautionary stitch" at that.  They also said I had more "scrapes" then cuts or tears.

I did, however, have A LOT of swelling.  And I was still in a lot of pain, of course, after delivering a 8 lb. 6 oz. baby.

I thought I'd share, to remember, what my postpartum recovery suppliers were:
The hospital sent me home with most of it, I bought the StayFree pads of course.
3 Different kinds of pads (one I used all of, that were my favorite)
Ice pack pads (heavenly - but only stayed cold for about 1 hour)
Tucks pads - loved these
Dermoplast (numbing spray)
Perri bottle (spray off instead of wipe)
(Not pictured - throw away undies)
I still use all of this, every trip to the bathroom.  I started using my own pads and undies on day 7.  I have to say, that helps make you feel better by itself.  Much more comfortable.

I'm now 8 days postpartum!
I'm still holding onto a belly pooch, but I know with breastfeeding that will help it shrink.

At my doctor's appointment before I went into the hospital I topped out at 139 lbs.
I gained a total of 19 lbs.
Today I weigh 120.5 lbs. - only .5 lbs away from my pre pregnancy weight!
WOOT!
I LOVE BREASTFEEDING!

And let me tell you - I've been eating GOOD.  The hospital food was soooo good and I ate like a pig.  Then my mom and Grandma cooked and fed me for 4 days after we got home from the hospital.  And I have to admit, I've been snacking a lot during our breastfeeding sessions too.  Throw in the fact that I can have caffeine again, eating and drinking has not been an issue.

As far as how I'm doing 8 days after giving birth - I feel good!
The first 5 days were the worst and going to the bathroom is still uncomfortable.  But I've been able to take Ibuprophen just when I need it instead of the every 6 hours to "keep on top of it."
I'm able to get around a lot easier (getting up and down, in and out of bed, bending over).

I am still having back pain from the epidural.
I almost wonder if it's a combination of a lot of things though, such as:
-Epidural
-Loosing all the weight in the front
-Holding, picking up, and putting down a baby all the time
-Bending over for diaper changes

So I hope the back pain eases sooner rather then later.
But really, I can't complain.  I'm so lucky to have had a basically, complication free delivery, and that I'm healing well for the most part.

Having a perfect, healthy, beautiful baby boy in the end makes it all worth it and having him has helped me to not focus on myself and the aches and pains, but on him and his needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment