Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Labor & Delivery: Part 3

  Carter Lee was born on April 16th, 2013 at 4:19pm
He was 8 lbs 6 oz and 21 1/4" long!



He was perfect!  The meconium didn't hurt him and he was healthy as can be when he was born.  
Apgar scores of 8 and 9.  

Although they didn't want him crying right away, due to the meconium, he did and sounded great!

Steve and I looked at each other with teary eyes and shared a special proud moment at that point.
Emotions ran crazy through me - scared for the baby, relief he was here, so proud of what Steve and I had made together, excitement to get to meet him...

They did a very long check on him to make sure everything was ok while they worked to get me put back together.  It was a very long 30 minutes of waiting till I finally got to hold our precious baby boy.


I got to ooo and ahhh over him for about 2 minutes before it was time to try nursing him for the first time.  I couldn't believe he latched right now.  I keep telling people, he was like a magnet.  A pro from the very first moment.  I switched sides with him and he did the same thing, latched right on.


Then it was Steve's turn to hold his son for the 1st time.
I think in that moment he was SCARED.  He says to me "I don't remember how to hold a newborn!"  Ha!  I said - well you are going to start getting used to it again - right now!  He's been great and fine about it ever since, it was just that first initial moment of "oh, you are just going to hand him over to me!?!"


My mom got him next, the rest of the family outside the door patiently waiting for their turn to come into the room.

Of course Alyssa got the first close up look after that.
Introducing Alyssa to Carter for the 1st time.
She walked into the room pretty slowly, but look at that smile!


Holding her baby brother for the 1st time!
She couldn't get enough of him - I think she held him more then anyone else that night

Our Family of 4
A girl and a boy, our family is now complete
Papa

Aunt Shae

Grandma




No comments:

Post a Comment