Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Friday, April 5, 2013

False Alarm

I don't know what to blame this one on.
Dehydration, my body hating me, psychologically everyone telling me this week was the week...

But here's what happened:

Wednesday night contractions started at 9:30pm.  I fell asleep at 10:30pm, but woke up at 2:00am still with the contractions.  I laid in bed till 4:15am and moved to the couch.  I fell back to sleep at 5am and woke up at 7am to get Alyssa off to school.  Still having contractions the whole time.

Steve was going to go in to work when I started having very low pains and was swaying from my contractions.  I thought it best that he NOT go in at that point.

He took Alyssa to school, came home, and started getting the car packed with our hospital bags, car seat, diaper bag, and boppy pillow.  We grabbed all those last minute items (chargers, hair brush, glasses, etc.).

Contractions were still coming and I decided to start bouncing on the yoga ball in hopes that it would help them pick up.  They were about 5 min. apart.  They weren't super painful, so I thought, let's go for a walk.  We were out for about an hour walking.  I figured the beautiful weather and walking outside was better then walking the halls of a hospital.

When we got home it was lunch time and we were ready to eat.  So we left the house, hospital bound, but stopped to get food on the way.  We got to the hospital about 12:30pm.

Once I was hooked up for awhile the nurse said contractions were about 6-8 min. apart.  The doctor came in to check me and said I was 3 cm and 80% effaced.  Because my contractions weren't consistent enough and they weren't progressing me, they sent me home by 2pm.

All the while I was still having painful contractions.  They said, drink a bunch of water and rest... ok yeah right.

On the plus side, after we left the hospital Steve and I did a little bit of errands together and enjoyed some time alone.  Which was nice.

We came home, BBQed, did Alyssa's homework outside on the deck, and my parents came over to join us.  After dinner a friend and I took an hour long walk around town.  It was nice to be outside, exercise, and have the girl time.  When I got back home Alyssa and Steve were outside - Alyssa was learning how to ride her bike without training wheels.  I got there just in time to see her do it all by herself with NO training wheels for the first time ever.  I was SO PROUD!

We got her off to bed and Steve and I watched the hockey game (GO BLUES FOR BEATING THE BLACK HAWKS!) before we passed out from sheer exhaustion.

So a I disappointed I am not holding my baby in my arms today?  Yes, very actually.  However, I am thankful for how my day ended yesterday.  If I were in the hospital having Carter I would have been missing out on some pretty important things.

As for today, contractions are just about non-existent.  I've kept up on drinking lots of water and trying to take it easy.  And now at this point, I am in NO HURRY to have this baby.  I know I only have 2 weeks AT THE MOST left and that is something I can easily deal with.

Cheers to being 39 weeks today

No comments:

Post a Comment