Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Wednesday, August 15, 2012

It's a start...

Finally this past Saturday the three of us got the opportunity to celebrate that we are actually pregnant!!

We all went to the new Buy Buy Baby store and looked at all the cute things.  I had a 20% off coupon, which I had hoped to use on a cloth diaper; however, that didn't work out.  So I got some cabinet locks with my coupon and STILL bought a cloth diaper anyway!

This is the one we got:
It is a bunGenius 4.0, one size, pocket diaper with a hook and loop closure.  All the other diapers I had ordered were the stamps, and I'd heard hook and loops are much better for when they are smaller/middle of the night changes.

And then we ventured over to the Cotton Babies store.
We'd been by this store many many times, and I've always wanted to go in, but now I have a reason to!!!
 It was a crazy experience though.  Women bring their babies to work, wear them, and breastfeed them all.  A great concept; however, a women was breast feeding as she was checking a lady out at the register.  To me, that is just too too odd.

But none the less, the lady I spoke with gave great advice and answered a lot of questions we had.  We are still testing out the waters of this cloth diaper option, so it was nice to speak one on one with someone that has been there done that.

I did buy one diaper from there as well
It's a FuzziBunz Elite pocket diaper, also one size.
So far - this one is my favorite.  I love the leg elastics that are adjustable instead of the front rise snaps.  I LOVE how super soft they are.  And the inserts seem really thick as well.

And last but not least, I ordered 12 4-layer bamboo and MF Alva inserts from a lady.  They are all brand new, never used, and not prepped.  I got 6 with a snap for the 4.0 Alvas and 6 without snaps for the 3.0 Alvas.  Bamboo is supposed to be extra nice and absorbent, so I hope these work out well.

So that is a start.  I'm expecting my Alva diapers in the next couple of weeks, so that will bring the start of my cloth diaper stash up to 5!  Plus 13 extra inserts.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment