Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cloth Diaper Delima

To cloth diaper or not to cloth diaper, that is the question.

Well, it wasn't even a question a month ago. Steve was not into that at all. But after talking to him about it more, he was thinking more like the cloth diapering from way back when... like diaper service cloth diapering. Little does he know how far cloth diapering has come.

The cons for me are, time. It takes time to run the washing machine of cloth diapers every other day. And it's not the most pleasant thing to be doing either.

The pros: Savings $$. The average child uses $2,000 worth of diapers over their early life. Cloth diapers, even a good stash, will only cost $250-$500. Another pro, and a big one for me, is that there are no harsh chemicals involved like diapers. Alyssa had major diaper rash, and I have to stop and wonder - would she have had those problems if we used cloth diapers? And last but not least, of course it is a green solution. No waste in the landfills. Diapers take 500 years to break down!!!

So I've been researching and found a very affordable cloth diaper online store. It's a China manufacturer. Over here in the US, cloth diapers on average are $15 and up each. This place has them for $5-$7 each. A much more reasonable cost.

So I took the leap, and placed a small order with www.AlvaBaby.com. Here's what I got:
One black cloth diaper


 One Red all in one diaper
 One bamboo insert (heard these are great for extra absorption)
 And one minky giraffe print pocket diaper

I paid just $20.xx for all that AND received FREE SHIPPING
That's what I'd have paid for 1 diaper with tax and shipping of any other brand of diaper sold here in the USA

So I have 2 feelings about doing this

1.) That this could be my diapering future.  And I just took one huge leap towards a new way of thinking.  Also excited this could be the start of my cloth diaper stash

2.) If this idea fails, if I just don't feel like it's the direction I want to go in - I haven't made a huge investment.  And there's not a whole lot of loss there.

So we shall see!  Some people have gotten their diapers in 10 days, other 4 weeks.  Can't believe I'm excited to receive these cute little things in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment