Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Monday, May 20, 2013

Officially Cloth Diapering!

I'm not super educated on cloth diapering and I'm very new to the whole thing - but I'm already wondering why more people don't do this!  It is, for the most part, simple.

Carter has been in cloth diapers, during the day, for 5 days now.
Here's his FIRST official cloth diaper (Sunbaby)
How cute is that!?!

First first day of wearing cloth diapers.
I wanted to try out as many brands/styles as I could to test them out.
We tried Sunbaby, Alva, FuzziBunz, Lil Joey, Kawaii, and a Flip

The Lil Joey was just to put on him before he grows much more (it's a newborn size).  I don't have any complaints about any of them yet.  Carter doesn't seem to mind them.  I have to say, it's going to take me awhile to get used to all the snapping, but it's doable.

We are still using disposables at night and while we are out.

I did my 1st load of cloth diaper laundry last night.
Again, really simple.
I went on YouTube and watched a few laundry routine videos, wrote down the one that worked for me, and put it in the laundry room so I didn't forget.  At some point I won't need it anymore, but for now, it's just a reminder.

I put my drying rack up in our bathtub and the diapers were dry by morning.
Inserts went into the dryer.
I stuffed all the diapers this morning and we are ready to go!

I really think in a week or two, it will all be second nature.  It wasn't gross and it wasn't a burden doing the extra load of laundry.  So far, I think I'm going to like cloth diapering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment