Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Thursday, May 16, 2013

4 Weeks Old

I can't believe TODAY (May 16, 2013) my baby boy is already one month old.

Really!?

REALLY!?!

Things have just gone way too fast.  We've been so lucky that he's been a great eater and sleeper, with only a few days/times where he's been a challenge, that time really did fly by.  It's those tough times, where things seem to drag on, but we haven't had a whole lot of those.

I got to go out, by myself, for the first time with no kids on the 14th.  We had a quick girl's dinner at AppleBee's.  I also ran into the store to grab a few things while I was out.  All in all I was gone about 2 1/2 hours.

I did pump ALL that day to make a bottle for Carter to have while I was gone.
It took me all day to get 2 1/2 oz.  I told Steve to take a picture if he ended up using it, it was his first bottle after all...
Big sister giving Carter his first bottle
I almost burst into tears at the dinner table when this picture popped up on my phone.  It was a mix of emotions, proud to see my daughter being so good with her brother, sad I was missing out on the milestone, and kind of panicked that I wasn't there to feed him from the breast and that he had to have a bottle.  They did fine while I was away though and it was nice to get out of the house.

We had such a BUSY month with this little guy.  I can't believe we did so much, all while trying to adjust our lives around having a new member of the family:
Family staying with us, friends and family popping in and out, a vacation, Mother's Day, keeping up with Alyssa's activities, Steve getting a new position at work and adjusting to that, 2 doctor's appointments (with a 3rd tomorrow), and more...

We are so blessed to have a son.  I am looking forward to his 2nd month, but sad to see him growing up already.

No comments:

Post a Comment