Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Completed Nursery!

 Vintage Hockey Theme
We are HUGE hockey fans - mainly STL Blues fans
I have had this theme picked out since before we knew we were having a boy (and a girl theme too if we were having a girl).  But I have to say, I was a little afraid of doing a boys room.  We've been all about girls in this house for almost 7 years now.
In the end, I'm SO HAPPY with how it came together.

View from the door

Carter's "Closet"
We painted this TV cabinet and upcycled it into a clothing armoire 

Packed full of baby boy goodies!

We hung this bar inside the cabinet
I added the clothes organizers, which was very helpful when I went to see what sizes we still needed to buy

Inside on of the doors we hung hooks
Right now it is holding bibs and pacifier clips
And our cute "don't ring the doorbell sign"
Inside the other door we hung a shoe organizer
It is currently holding hats and holiday bibs
The bottom two drawers have shoes, socks, mittens and burb cloths, towels, and lovie blankets
The brown baskets have mainly onsies and sleepers in 3-6 month & 6-9 month size clothes

Above the armoire we hung navy and white lanterns
(a pinterest project find)

Decor on top of the cabinet
A "C" that I may or may not decorate yet, an aphothocary jar for binkies, and a Gold Canyon scent pod warmer that I added a vinyl  hockey player silhouette to the front.  Still need to get a scent pod in there... 

I made this "Keep Calm" sign with a generator, the puck is from our old hockey room from our last house, and the lava lamp was a Christmas gift to our daughter.  It just happened to be blue and the kids are sharing the room - so it is a perfect fit


Now you can see where the "shared" area come into play.
I did not take photos of my daughter's areas because she was not in the mood to pick up her things.  Maybe another day.
This is the changing area though.
The white baskets have cloth diapers and inserts
The top drawer has newborn clothes - bottom drawer has 0-3 mn. clothes
The basket shelf to the right has the wipe warmer on top, each basket has things like cotton swabs, hair brush./comb, nasal sucker, nail clippers, arm & hammer deodorizers, peepee teepees,, etc

Above the changing area.
This is my own personal hockey stick from when I was younger and we'd play street hockey.
Matches perfectly

Decked out the diaper champ

This crib was our daughters
I didn't want a "out of the box" theme (and you can't find hockey themed nursery ANYTHING, so the bedding was pieced together.
Bumper from Babies R Us
Crib sheet from Target
Crib skirt - I made  (secret: twin sheet, binder clipped on the the springs (adjustable!), and added a strip of navy blue ribbon)
Rug is from Target

 I found vintage hockey photos and turned them black and white - frames from Michaels
The "C" I bought from Hobby Lobby and painted navy blue
The clock is from the True Blue store at the Blue's arena

We also added the wainscotting and chair rail to the wall!  I love it!
Hamper is from Walmart
The cord is running to the baby monitor hidden behind the frames above

This shelf I bought at Garden Ridge
I made the hockey subway art with my sillhouette machine - hubby cut and painted the wood for me first
I printed the art in the frames and added another hockey puck

Our completed shared nursery!

I can't wait to bring home our little boy for his first photo in his crib


No comments:

Post a Comment