Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Saturday, February 16, 2013

Baby's Nursing Area

I'm so excited about how this turned out!

I wanted a place to nurse that would be comfortable and where I could keep everything all in one place when I needed it.

We opted for a recliner rather then a glider with Alyssa so it could be used after she grew up - GLAD WE DID.  We have used this off and on since then.  Now we need it for THIS baby, so no expense there!
The lamp I got at a yard sale last fall for $5.00!!!  
It's been in the basement ever since, but I knew it would come in handy at some point.
I picked up the side table yesterday at Garden Ridge.  To me it was pricy, at $59.99, but it seems like that is the going price for side tables these days.  I'd looked at many stores and this was exactly what I had been looking for - so I just went ahead and got it.


 I had the vase and flowers from last year's spring decor.
I added an ultrasound photo of Carter, which I'll switch once he's born.
I really wanted this side table for a number of reasons
1- To have a place to set a glass of water while nursing
2 - Mainly to hold and hide all my nursing supplies

 Inside the top drawer I have:
nursing pads
Lansinoh cream
baby wipes
burp clothes

 The bottom door hides my breastpump
and Nursing care kit

I also made sure the area was close to an electrical outlet for times when I need to pump.  Also for the lamp to be easily plugged in.  The lamp has a 3 way light bulb so I can set it to the brightness I need depending on the time of day.

With our children sharing a room, having a glider/recliner in the room was just not practicle for us.  One because of the lack of space, and two because of course I won't be feeding in the room while Alyssa is fast asleep.

The area also faces our TV and I can see out our back door and out a window from where it is positioned.  So I really think this space is going to work for us.

YAY for another thing marked off my to do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment