Pregnancy #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Belly with Baby #2

Belly with Baby #2
39 Weeks

Baby #2

Baby #2
Born April 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy

1st Pregnancy
2006

Baby #1

Baby #1
Born: May 24, 2006 7 lbs 9 oz. 20.5"

"Baby" #1

"Baby" #1
Now 8 Years Old

Maternity Photos

Maternity Photos



Thursday, February 13, 2014

Gluten Free - Day 6

That face says it all...
Today was a big day.  We went to have Carter's blood drawn for an allergy panel.  Not only will it test for the suspected wheat allergy, but also for possible other allergies like pet dander, mold, milk, eggs, etc.  We should get the results back in a few days.
He did very good during the procedure.  No tears or big fits.  He was more mad that he was made to sit still and have his arm held so tightly.  But he got through it and did a great job!

As far as our diet goes.  It's going well!!  It's been difficult to change the way I think, more so then the way I eat.  I don't mind eating gluten free, it's just hard to train your brain to choose fruits and veggies for snacks instead of crackers or bread.

Dinners are going well.  I used a gluten free pasta for dinner last night and made spinach and artichoke pasta and used some gluten free bread to make garlic bread.  The crock pot is my best friend.  Tonight on the menu - pesto chicken (in the slow cooker) with mashed potatoes and a salad.

Lunches have been pretty easy.  Mainly I have been having left overs.  Today - I added tuna to my left over gluten free mac n cheese.  I filled in with some fruit and a string cheese.  YUM!



This is kind of my version of the Bento box lunch.  Trying to have balanced meal.  Veggies will be a snack later in the day too.

Another great thing that we had already gotten back into before this all came about is getting back into our Co-Op.  Every other week we buy a "bag" of mixed fruits and veggies.  I LOVE to see all that colorful healthy goodness filling up our fridge!!!

I usually plan our dinner menu around what types of produce we have.  So tomorrow night - an eggplant casserole!  I LOVE asparagus and summer squash - the rest of my family - not so much.  So those will probably become part of my lunches instead of dinners.  We also have a pineapple and red potatoes not photographed.  I found a recipe for pineapple chicken wraps I want to try - but need to find a gluten free tortilla wrap option for that. 

OHHHH - and my favorite find, I forgot all about!  Under that container of strawberries is a little tub... of.... GLUTEN FREE COOKIE DOUGH! 


No comments:

Post a Comment